NEA is established to facilitate in the delivery of consistent and cohesive service to citizens and support the more cost-effective delivery of e-Services by government. NEA supports the identification of re-usable components and services; Facilitates a basis for ICT investment optimization; and enables more cost-effective and timely delivery of e-Services through a repository of standards, principles, reference models, that assist in the design and delivery of business services to citizens.
The goals of NEA include:
- Unification and alignment of enterprise architecture related terminology and structure on a national level.
- Creation of National Technology Standards and Roadmaps for adoption.
- Establishing a list of Reusable Application Components.
- Establishing a list of Reusable Technology Components.
- Establishing a list of Shared Data Components.