The e-Government Program (Yesser) launched the program of Basic skills of Computer Applications and e-Government. Coming within the Capacity Building Initiative relating to e-Government in government agencies, the said program will be conducted on phases to train government sector employees through approved private training centers spread over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The first pilot phase of the program was conducted in 2009 where 3000 government employees were trained in different regions of the Kingdom. Those trainees were qualified to gain international relevant certificates in computer basic skills. Afterwards, a range of phases have been implemented to cover all government employees targeted by the program. As for the 4th phase of the program, it is to be implemented in 2014.
Standard curriculums for professional training courses internationally accredited in the area of basic computing skills:
Curriculums are accredited by the Technical & Vocational Training Institution and the National Training and Education Technologies “Cambridge” .
Seven weeks and two days. Upon completion, the student receives “Cambridge” Basic Computing Skills Certificate which is equivalent to three month training according to Civil Service accreditation. Motivation aspects:
- Original “Cambridge” certificate will be issued to the student who successfully passes the examinations.
- Completion certificate will be issued by “Yesser” to students who receive “Cambridge” certificate.
- Training points will be considered for promotion and employment purposes according to Ministry of Civil Service assessment mechanism.
- Attendance certificate will be issued by the training provider to students who have not passed the examinations and whose admissible absence record is not more than 15%.
The program is free of charge. E-Government Program will pay all the costs.
How to apply to “Capabilities Enhancement” Program:
- Government agencies’ male and female employees may be nominated for enrollment in “Capabilities Enhancement” Basic Computing and e-Government Skills Program. The following conditions shall be observed:
- The application shall be submitted by the chairman or member of e-Government Committee in the government agency.
- The application shall be addressed to Director General – e-Government Program.
- Number of targeted students shall be identified.
- Details of contact person name, title, mobile and business e-mail address and direct telephone line.
All students shall comply with terms and conditions at the time of application.
All government agencies of all sectors and branches.
- Computer skills are a requirement of the nominee’s job.
- Duties should include delivery or support of customer service to the general public.
- Should not have received a similar training before .
Each agency shall assign a liaison officer for communication, administration, query, nomination etc… The liaison officer shall follow instructions indicated in “Capabilities Enhancement” program.
Information will be treated with strict confidentiality. It will be used for the purposes of communicating the latest developments of “Capabilities Enhancement” Programs. The Program will not use the information for any other purpose. Information will not be disclosed to any third party. However, the Program may use the information for statistical purposes .