National Enterprise Architecture (NEA) is a key element of the National E Government envisioned to incorporate a federated approach to Enterprise Architecture for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The program comprise of various Enterprise Architecture elements including but not limited to Processes, Procedures, Policies, Methodology, Framework, Standards and Reference models.
Multiple initiatives where envisaged to realize the unique vision Yesser has, amongst which one of the prime initiatives is "IN06"
"Create guidance and standards that promote cohesion in the delivery of e-government across all KSA Government, implement the best practice of “federated” enterprise architecture, and support this with training and capability building for Enterprise Architects in key government agencies"
NEA or national enterprise architecture is the realization of this initiative.
- Alignment of Strategies with Initiatives, Business Processes, plans and operations across the Government.
- Enforce standardization for interoperability and promote Standardization and consolidation of IT systems.
- Information Assurance, Quality Assurance and Risk Management.
- Support IT Cost Effectiveness and Promote Reuse.
- Establish Roadmaps for improving Government Efficiency and Effectiveness.
As a first step to achieve the NEA goals the following objectives has been put forward:
- Establishment of overall Enterprise Architecture guiding principles
- Establishment of EA program management plan.
- Development of preliminary program schedule including timelines for key deliverables.
- Establishment of performance measures to monitor success of the EA initiative.
- Definition of the intended use, scope and depth/detail of the EA exercise that will ensure optimum value add.
- Establishment of an adequately resourced core team that will be responsible for development.
- Implementation, maintenance and management of the EA .
- Determination of the extent of automation required throughout the EA lifecycle.